Friday, May 22, 2009

Video of Bellinger River flood May 22 09

Click for more on my bioregion
These pix show the different moods of the Bellinger River at Lavenders Bridge, in the heart of town.

Today's flood is almost as high as the March 31 flood (a "100-year flood") and there is much more rain forecast. This is Bellingen's fourth flood since September.

Fortunately, although I live a stone's throw from the river, my house is above the floodline, but I have neighbours who are nervous about what might come tomorrow and the weekend.

I took the video this morning with my Canon PowerShot 450 stills camera. Click the arrows at the bottom right-hand corner of the video to embiggen.

I'm a member of the Rainbow Region Flickr group for North-eastern New South Wales.

Categories: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Pip, I borrowed your vid on my blog (full credit given) if you aren't ok with that let me know and I'll take it down. Wild weather indeed, we are at Moonee :)

10:45 PM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

Sure I'm OK with that. In fact, I consider it an honour. Thank you, Kyles. STay high and dry. :)

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker