Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Help! I can't type into Blogger and online pages

This is pasted in from a text file.

Since yesterday I have had to cut and paste into any online page such as Blogger and so on. This is a big hassle for me as I work part-time editing an online trade magazine.

It's not my keyboard. I can type ok in text files, Outlook Express, Word, etc. Just not online. Apparently some hacker is playing with my keyboard strokes, perhaps to break into my accounts (bank and otherwise). I have scanned my computer to no avail. Any ideas please?

Update: It's just in Firefox, not Internet Explorer.

Update: Reinstallation of Firefox has fixed the problem. Many thanks to all who offered helpful suggestions.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pip, I'm assuming that when you scanned Esmeralda that you did so in Safe Mode. What a headache! Anyway, Firefox has an add-on that I use. It's called Key Scrambler. Download it from Mozilla here

I really like it.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes
posted your query into blogger help

" I'm lost
Help! I can't type into Blogger and online pages This is pasted in from a text file. Since yesterday I have had to cut and paste into any online page such as Blogger and so on. This is a big hassle for me as I work part-time editing an online trade magazine. It's not my keyboard. I can type ok in text files, Outlook Express,... more »
By bingobangobongo - 10:18am - 1 new of 1 message
..
poked about on blogger for a few years, when in doubt, ask an expert hmm





Discussions > Something Is Broken

http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-troubleshoot/topics?start=

good luck :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

Blessings to you all. And I'm downloading that Firefox add-on. Thank you all.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker