Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What a shame

I used to have a tagboard here at the Blogmanac, and also at Corrigenda and A Sandy Beach Almanac. I loved it because unlike many tagboards, it was hosted on my own server with dedicated software, not a proprietary tagboard (most of which seem to create popup ads).

A tagboard spammer in the USA started a vendetta against me when I challenged his hacking of my board.

I told him he would have trouble sleeping, and that really seemed to get under his skin (maybe he has some rudimentary conscience). When I reported him to his ISP, he created a website that says that Wilson's Almanac gave him a virus. (It's nonsense, of course, just a mean kid.) He has even threatened to remove Wilson's Almanac permanently from the Net. For some months I have known his full name and address so if he does that, he could end up in prison. I would certainly spread his details widely across the Internet -- it's only me silly soft heart that has prevented me from doing so since October, 2005.

So the tagboard is broken and, sadly, removed. Thanks to the people who used to use it. I really enjoyed hearing from you. There are far more good people in the world than deadshits.

Sleep well, Matt.

Tagged: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker