Sunday, March 12, 2006

Edwin Brady, a remarkable citizen of the world

I've just posted a page in the Scriptorium about an Australian bloke who lived a long life, from 1869 - 1952. He is not well known today, but I think he deserves to be.

Edwin Brady is his name. He's a fascinating man and his whole life was quite remarkable. As I am interested in Henry Lawson, I like Ed Brady because he was a loyal mate of Lawson's and helped him out when Lawson was at his lowest ebb, suffering badly from alcoholism. Like many Australian writers, Brady had his own struggle with the bottle, but overcame it and lived from the 1860s until six months before I was born.

Here's the Edwin Brady page, dedicated to a great Australian and citizen of Planet Earth.

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker