Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Vale Gary Rhine, Rhino the blogger

I was an occasional reader of Rhino's blog, and thought it was very, very good. He had a progressive almanac on his site, too, so that appealed to me. Rhino was clever, progressive, caring, funny, hard working and dedicated to social change. We wrote to each other once or twice. I liked his name --- one of my dearest and oldest friends was also a Rhino, and he passed away a few years ago.

I only learned today that this Rhino, the blogger, also died quite recently.

"The following eulogy was delivered at Rhino's San Francisco service by Audrey Wells:

"Gary Rhine was so many things to so many people. At the top of his blog, he self-described as a political activist, satirist, fifth generation San Franciscan, filmmaker, father, paramedic and Indigenous rights activist ..."

The rest of the eulogy is here. Worth reading. My condolences to the family, friends and readers of a great blogger, one of the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker