Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Spooky cart

I'm doing some research on the old streets of Sydney and have been delighted to find Picman at the State Library of NSW. Use the search box and choose 'Online material only' from the drop-down menu if you'd also like to see pictures from Sydney's past (not just Sydney, either). Pick a street, any street, or any person, etc.

I hope the library will forgive me for showing you two images of Phillip St, Sydney, from two different decades. My reason: the spooky presence of a cart.

You can see by the buildings on either side of the road that the buildings have changed a bit in ten years or so. In the 1870s there was a portico that had gone by the 1880s.

But one thing strikes me as curious, outside the grocer's: is it the same cart in both pictures? It has been suggested the owner might have a Residents' Parking Permit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker