Wednesday, March 02, 2005

'Kill the President' soars in the charts!






Well, maybe not really, but it's doing OK

The mystery code-and-clues humour poem, 'Kill the President', has been in progress for a few months now, growing by about one verse a day ( now 162 verses).

About a month ago, when I googled those three magic words, 'Kill the President', it wasn't even on the radar screen of about 44,000 results, because of a song of that name by the popular band Origin. Plus all the other sites that have those words and get more hits.

Today it comes in third (try it), just after a Yahoo! News story about some plot to kill the president, and a story about the assassination of US President James Garfield.

I don't bother with a hit meter on that page, but it must be getting a lot of traffic to rise in the google ranks so dramatically. (Yes, this is a brag piece, with a view to getting some more hits. I don't have an agent, gotta do the promo meself.)

The poem got a rave review from a British book editor (Oxford University Press, no less). Douglas Houston wrote:

"The twenty-first century has not, to my knowledge, produced any
long poems of any note, but I’m slipping a tip to literary history to keep an
eye on this one."
Check the review out here.

There's an online forum, called 'Kalliope', for people who want to crack the clues and codes in the whodunnit. Anyone is allowed to join, except me -- because I'm the guy writing the clues. I'm sure you'll be made welcome, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker