Sunday, March 14, 2004

*Ø* Blogmanac | National "I'm Embarrassed by My President" Day -- April 1st, 2004

From Our Friend Eric at EP-Rants:


National "I'm Embarrassed by My President" Day
April 1st, 2004


Are you embarrassed by the arrogance, greed, shortsightedness, selfishness, and outright lies told by George W. Bush?


Join tens of thousands of others across the country and world and wear a brown armband or ribbon to symbolize all the BS coming out of the White House.

It's not just that I disagree with the current administration. I'm outraged. And I'm downright embarrassed to talk to anyone from another country. I'm embarassed to have a President so arrogant, so dishonest, so hawkish, that in three years, he has nearly destroyed any good relations we had before he took office, and worsened those that were already bad.

I find myself apologizing to my foreign friends both in this country and abroad while trying vainly to explain the sheer idiocy and illogic of the current administration's policies.

So this April 1st, April Fools day, join tens of thousands of others who are wearing brown armbands or ribbons to signify the bullshit flowing down from Washington.

Making the armbands is easy -- just use tape and cut a brown paper bag, brown cloth, a brown sheet, ribbon, or anything else into strips 3 inches wide and 12-24 inches long. Or get brown ribbon. If you make a band for yourself, then make lots of spares to pass on to friends and strangers.

MORE INFORMATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker