Friday, March 12, 2004

*Ø* Blogmanac | What has happened to Yahoogroups?

Yahoogroups is driving me crazy.

More than 1,000 of approx. 2,700 subscribers to Wilson's Almanac ezine are bouncing today and it keeps growing every day. I've been bouncing too, twice in the past two weeks. Unless I'm very much mistaken, Yahoogroups has its settings way too sensitive as the Bounce mechanism just keeps getting worse.

The other big bug I have with YG is that this year they've been putting the footer at the head of YG messages, ezines and newsletters. It happened overnight and seems to apply to all groups. Some footer. What to do? I'm considering my options.

The whole Bounce routine is ridiculous, as I'm sure any YG moderator will agree. If they must bounce subs, surely the moderator should be able to unbounce them en masse. Each one takes half a minute to unbounce manually. Just try doing that with 1,000 subscriptions in your spare time, Mr Yahoogroups. Five hundred spare minutes isn't easy to find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker