Tuesday, June 10, 2003

*Ø* Blogmanac | Never too late!

In keeping with Pip's article on www.wilsonsalmanac.com, which you'll find here entitled "Are you a late starter?", I had to post this story from San Francisco:

A 97-year-old great-grandmother who quit school in the fourth grade to help her sharecropper parents pick cotton will receive a high school diploma after going back to school to study computers. She started taking computer classes at Richmond High in Contra Costa County in Northern California in January and is set to receive an honorary high school diploma next week.

"In my mind I keep developing good ideas. I don't want to let my mind go down, you know what I mean?" she said. "I tell my grandkids, keep your mind elevated."
Source


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker