Sunday, March 14, 2010

Twelve Great Myths of Feminism

From http://bit.ly/aWQodq Men, have you ever made some innocuous remark and been attacked, perhaps publicly ridiculed, by some woman who cultivates and celebrates anger as one of her primary emotions? Have you noticed that a woman who expresses criticism of a man or men is called a feminist, but a man who expresses criticism of a woman or women is called a sexist? Have you noticed that men are abused if they even accidentally use words such as 'ladies', 'girls', or 'chicks', instead of 'women' or 'womyn', but that women commonly use such terms and even quite often call men 'the boys'? Do you sense unfairness in these things and more? Then this article's for you: http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/12myths.html and it's free for republication, provided a link-back is given.
Click for Wilson's Almanac SiteMap
It also links to an article called 'Strategic Disempowerment', http://bit.ly/cJYROY , which analyzes why such inequities occur and are rife in Western society, and constitute common sexism against males. For example, why a man can lose his job if his screensaver at work has a bikini-clad woman on it, but a woman won't lose her job for having a screensaver that shows men in brief swimmers. The name of the game is 'strategic disempowerment'. Although men are pretty smart, at least as smart as women, they've been slow to catch on to the ways in which they are being strategically disempowered by a minority but powerful elite group of ambitious women.

Categories: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous N? said...

Shame you posted this on Mother's Day.
It took the good out of it for me.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

Mothers' Day in Australia is in May ... I didn't know it was Mothers' Day anywhere else and can hardly be expected to know. But please be fair, there is no criticism of mothers in it ... I delight in motherhood. And I don't think there is any shame in the article. It only comprises views of mine about behaviours born of a particular ideology. I'm not ashamed of that article, I'm proud of it. But I regret that your Mothers' Day was not as joyous as you would have liked, and I'm sorry for it.

2:28 AM  
Anonymous N? said...

You delight in motherhood, yes, and "boobies" on FB. But I did an Edit/Find on your Myths article and I could not find the words "brain" or "intelligence" anywhere in it.

The article is written as if women has no history before 1960, something I find extraordinarily blinkered. When women fought for equality in the '60s they had damn good reasons for doing so, and those reasons go back centuries upon centuries.

I'm not going to argue. I know your views on this matter already. And my Mother's Day was fine -- once I got over your post.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker