Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dismissal of the Australian Labor Government of Gough Whitlam


1975 Australian constitutional crisis of 1975 ('The Dismissal'): Australian Governor-General Sir John Kerr dismissed the Labor government of Gough Whitlam, commissioned conservative Malcolm Fraser as caretaker Prime Minister, and announced a general election which took place on December 2.

It is generally regarded as the most significant domestic political and constitutional crisis in Australia's history ...

Categories: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a 15 year old this event inspired me to a.s.a.p vote, join the labour party.
I did. yes! I did.
wasn't till Bob came along till I saw the light, tore up my party faithfull and vowed never to vote again.
I won't. no! I won't.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

I'm with you 100%!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

I don't mean that I will not vote, but that I will not vote Labor. The Green Party is doing a great job and has my full support.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker