Tuesday, November 11, 2008

SpinSpotter



SpinSpotter is a new website with software (in beta) for discovering, marking and sharing spin in the media -- public relations distortion, propaganda, disinformation, politician-speak, weasel words and so on. You download Spinoculars and join a growing social network of amateurs and professional journalists (some of whom have been engaged by the SpinSpotter project as advisors), and away you go!

Now, I admit that I'm not joining SpinSpotters. I simply haven't time right now to give it the attention I believe it deserves. But I think it's a great idea and I do recommend it on the basis of what I have seen on the site, and an interview I heard with one of its head honchos.

Categories: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker