Sunday, October 19, 2008

200,000 jobs to go as businesses hit wall

Another one from Baz le Tuff, this time not so happy:

"AT LEAST 200,000 more Australians will be out of work by the end of next year as the effect of the world financial meltdown takes hold, economic experts have predicted."

That's a lot of adults in a population of 20 million men, women and children.

We've been predicting this recession for years. A mate of mine has a brilliant line in a poem he wrote after Malcolm Turnbull (Australia's Leader of the Opposition) recently said nobody saw it coming. It goes something like "He's right. I'm nobody, and I saw it coming".

Categories: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The recession is going to get even worse than it is now, Pip. The fat cats will definitely be on a crash diet unlike they've ever known before. I really hate to admit it but this thing is going to get even uglier worldwide. No one will escape the hardships of this thing.

I'm grateful for the events that took me to living a simplistic lifestyle. My house is in order and for once in my life, I'm ready.
I worry about the pets who will continue to be left at the animal shelters. Our shelters are all ready overflowing with pets who have been left due to the family's inability to feed and house them. It's really sad.

I'm trusting that all is well with you and yours. As always, thanks to the eagle eye, Baz le tuff!

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker