Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Insider reveals faith-based manipulation by the White House

"David Kuo is the author of a new book called Tempting Faith and was interviewed last night on 60 Minutes. Kuo could be a big problem for the Bush Administration, because he asserts that the famous White House 'Faith-based Initiative' fell far short of its bold promises, was a cover-up for very bad domestic policies on poverty, and was cynically politicized to serve partisan Republican purposes."
Source

"We gotta get some compassion stuff out there now,' Mararget [Spellings, the domestic policy advisor] said. "What have we got?"
I wanted to laugh, but it was far more sad than funny
"Well, I have an idea," the other domestic policy staffer said. "I hear chronic homelessness is a problem. I read an article where there are thirty thousand homeless people in America. Maybe we could do something to help them."
"I think it is just a few more than that actually," I volunteered. The actual figure at that time was over 750,000.
Source

Tagged: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker