Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Happy 65th birthday Bob Dylan

Today according to Australian Eastern Standard Time when this item was posted


Dylan cover of Oz magazine (more such covers), by Martin Sharp


Birthday boy Bob Dylan is known more for his genius with words and tunes, and for deadpan (once, asked by a journalist how many children he had, he said "Some") than as a comedian.

However, he also has a fondness for silly wisecracks and is known among fans as a real joker at gigs. Sometimes he’s corny, but his cornball jokes are loved by the audience. Here are a few of his quips, and if you have any more, I'm collecting them.

At one gig, Dylan apologized, saying that "I almost didn't make it tonight ... had a flat tire. There was a fork in the road."

At Western Connecticut State University in 1997, when he introduced Bucky Baxter he said, "When I first met Bucky, he didn't have a penny to his name. I told him to get another name."

"My ex-wife left me again. She's a tennis player. Love means nothing to her."

"This is a love song. We love to play it."

"David Kemper on the drums. David's turning 21 tonight. David never lies unless he's in bed."

"David [Kemper] and I drove here tonight in a car singing songs on the way. We were singing cartoons."

"David swallowed a roll of film today. We’ll see what develops."

More today in The Wilson's Almanac Book of Days.

Categories: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger jsm said...

probably my favorite jew of all time. he supported chabad, where i went to hebrew school and that was really cool.

even though if you think about it, it's not really cool...

anyway- my mom sings all his songs and i would have loved to have been in the room during one of his lsd trips.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker