Saturday, April 29, 2006

Robert Scheer and Richard Dawkins

Highly recommended
I have two pick sites today.

First: Truthdig: Drilling Beneath the Headlines

Where have I been? This is a new site to me, but apparantly it was launched in November. It's a must. The founder-editor is Robert Scheer, who has interviewed every US president from Richard Nixon to Bill Clinton. Between 1964 and 1969, he was, variously, the Vietnam correspondent, managing editor and editor in chief of Ramparts Magazine -- and, by the way, naturally David Horowitz, his old Ramparts colleague, can't stand him (with some good reasons with which I concur, I might add). Some more from Scheer is posted today in Yellow Pages.

It's at Truthdig that I learned that Rush Limbaugh has been arrested, and that I found 'An Atheist Manifesto'. All good reads.

Second: Audio of lectures on The Selfish Gene Turns 30.

"This year is the 30th anniversary of the publication of Richard Dawkins' book, The Selfish Gene, and to mark the occasion The London School of Economics hosted an event chaired by writer and broadcaster Melvyn Bragg. The speakers were Daniel Dennett, Sir John Krebs, Matt Ridley, Ian McEwan, and the guest of honour, Richard Dawkins."

See also the Dawkins Multimedia page -- some good downloads and streaming

Tagged: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker