Thursday, March 02, 2006

Da Vinci Code suit publicity stunt?

Ramona Koval, who I think is a very good journalist, raised a good point on her Book Show yesterday, about the Da Vinci Code lawsuit.

She noted that TV reports come neatly packaged with clips from the new movie, and that the two authors who claim that Dan Brown has ripped them off, are suing their own publisher. "Just what is Random House up to?" Ms Koval asks.

Whatever, if the outcome is that Dan Brown and Random House are found to have ripped off The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail authors, then it will be a sad day for literature worldwide. You shouldn't be allowed to copyright history, not in this form anyway.

Tagged: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Pip Wilson said...

I agree it's not history. It's all a crock. But if this passes, historians will claim copyright.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Bettye Johnson said...

Regarding the lawsuit of plaigarism brought by Baigent and Leigh is bringing up many interesting points of view. There is a second lawsuit with Lewis Perdue claiming plaigarism of his novel Daughter of God, which I have read and I read nothing to convince me that Brown plaigarized. It is a bit frightening for authors who write a piece of fiction and then live under the spectre of plaigarism. I am a writer/author of "Secrets of the Magdalene Scrolls." I spent over seven years researching and had not heard of Dan Brown until I was two-thirds the way through my manuscript. I would not read The DaVinci Code until my manuscript was completed and I loved it.

I have been a student at RSE (Ramtha School of Enlightenment) for 18 years and I have heard the hypothesis put forth by Baigent,Leigh and Lincoln integrated in our teachings over the years. If I am going to give credit, it will be to my teacher Ramtha. RSE is an academy of the mind and we are learning to use the 90 percent of our brain that most of us don't know what to do with. I have been taught not to blindly take Ramtha's word, but to research and I do a tremendous amount of research.

As an interesting aside, Sir Laurence Gardener, author of many books on the same topic and the bloodline of Jesus has spoken at RSE about 4 or 5 times and there is a possibility that he might have learned something while there that helped him in writing his books.

So to Baigent, Leigh and Perdue, I say I think you are really stretching the plaigarism bit. I have a website that I invite you to visit. Google in Secrets of the Magdalene Scrolls. I also have a blog.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

Hi Bettye, Good luck with your book. I've added it to St Mary Magdalene's Day http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/book/jul22.html

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker