Saturday, September 03, 2005

Free tip: How I more than doubled hits to my blog

Highly recommended

I searched and searched to find a way to do technorati and del.icio.us tagging to the best effect, and quickly. I mean, almost automated.

The info can be already found on the WWW, but not a simple set of instructions, as far as I know. I've done the searching and written the easy How-To and I'll share it with progressive bloggers who ask for it (see below), because I like to see the right people get it. (I'm not publishing it openly because I would hate to give an advantage to any but the best blogs while the world is in such challenging times.)

As soon as I tried this new free method, I started getting more than twice the number of hits to this blog. Almost three times more hits, in fact. It's nothing you have to join, but a time-saving way to automate tags in technorati and del.icio.us simultaneously. It works for all blogs but even better for Blogger blogs. It does add a little time to each post if you are not already tagging, but it's certainly worth it, I've found on several of my blogs.



What I will do for free
If you have a progressive, radical or liberal blog, email me pipwilson [AT] acay.com.au and put Pip's Tip in the subject header and only your URL in the body (nothing else ... but if you are a member of Progressive Blog Alliance please write "PBA Member" in the body) and I will show you how I did it. I'll email easy guidelines for a process that takes less than half an hour if you can cut and paste html. Allow me a few days to reply please.

What I won't do for love nor money
Regrettably, (a) I'm not technically minded so I won't offer tech support, I'll just send you one email explaining how I did it, and (b) I will only share it with progressive sites, so send me your URL too so I can see it. Me no like, me no reply, OK? Also, I'm really busy this week so I don't have time to correspond with you, sorry.

What I ask in return
It's free, but if you get more traffic, I would like you to give this tip a mention and put a permanant link to Wilson's Blogmanac on your site.

Deal? Pass it on. "No correspondents will be entered into." ;)

[Speaking of Technorati, I see today the Blogmanac is ranked 4,034 out of 16.5 million blogs.]

Categories: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nora said...

I can't recommend this highly enough! Thanks for all the work, Pip, and thanks for sharing your tip.

I thought the method might be tricky but no, I just followed the easy steps and it worked like a treat.

First off my hits doubled. Then I had to go offline briefly and lost 2 days. Now I'm back posting again and today, using your method, my hits have quadrupled!

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You only offer advice to liberal bloggers? What kind of stupid thing is that?

9:22 AM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

Excellent question, Damien. To reply: I think it's one of the best stupid things I do. Thank you very much.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker