Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Durrr ... What day is this again?

The astute Wilson's Almanac free daily ezine subscriber will have noticed that there was no ezine on March 6. Well, to make up for it, I posted the March 7 ezine on that day instead. And then on the 7th, I posted the March 8 one, and today ...

You guessed it. I goofed. I've made the same mistake before. By way of flagrant self-justification, I would like to explain that when I prepare, say, the March 6 edition, I'm doing it on March 5, but it is still March 4 where half of my readers live in the Western Hemisphere. I send it on March 6 as early as possible so that my readers in the Eastern Hemisphere, such as those in Japan, Australia, South-East Asia and so on, will get it at a reasonable time. I like to think most of my readers can have it with their morning coffee. It doesn't always work out that way, but it's a goal.

But on March 6 it's still March 5 for my other readers in the West ... the Europeans, Africans, Americans ... especially those USA readers on the West Coast who are about 18 hours behind the Centre of the Universe (no offence). So, on March 5 I am trying to juggle in my admittedly inadequate brain, three days: March 4, 5 and 6.

On March 5 I thought I would be really smart and get one day ahead in my prep because of a busy week ahead. And obviously my brain blew a gasket, just like my good monitor has (warranty expired 7 days ago). That's what happens. That's how I goof sometimes. It's happened before, but I hope not again. Humble apologies.

Anyway, the March 6 info is all there for the taking, at this page in the Book of Days. Enjoy, belatedly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker