Friday, January 16, 2004

*Ø* Blogmanac | Yoikels!!

Esmeralda has crashed. Maybe died. But then, she is about 93 in computer years and there sure were a lot of cobwebs inside when we opened her up.

Thanks to the highly spiritual and barely subgenius Baz le Tuff, I have his 2nd-best computer on loan until we can figger something out about the old gal.

Excuse me please – looks like no Almanac ezine for Thursday 15th and Friday 16th, and maybe not much of me till the weekend. The plan: to stay online.

Anyway, you can read all about Australia's first female surfboard rider at the Book of Days (click January 15). It's an interesting tale, the day in 1915 that Hawaii's famous Duke Kamewhatsit (the Big Kahuna) taught Aussies to shoot the curls. Young Isabel Letham learned that day, and it happened at a beach I used to live at, so it kinda stirs my imagination.

At ease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker