Thursday, June 17, 2010

Black fish blues

When I lived at Repton, I used to fish at nearby Mylestom, about 4 or 5 nights a week, at the spot in the photo attached. One dark night I forgot to take my torch, and I caught a nice, fat black fish, which I assumed to be a blackfish. I took it home to have for the next day's breakfast. Unfortunately, in the light of my kitchen, I could see that it was a black fish but it wasn't a blackfish ... it was a baby black cod, a species that lives for decades and grows to more than a metre in length. See http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/story/2010/06/09/Keeping-tabs-on-black-cod-vulnerable-species-list/. The fine for taking one of this endangered or vulnerable species is, I believe several thousand dollars.

I felt really terrible. But it was delicious.

Categories: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe... I won't dob, I promise ;-)

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker