Friday, April 23, 2010

Why I, Like, Really Dislike Facebook's 'Like' Button - PCWorld

Why I, Like, Really Dislike Facebook's 'Like' Button - PCWorld: "I couldn't sleep this morning, so I schlepped down to the nearest Wifi cafe. To escape the execrable soft jazz playing in my local beanery I plugged in my noise-canceling ear phones and dialed up Pandora. Before I'd even logged in, the site launched into one of my favorite Tom Waits songs, 'Jockey Full of Bourbon,' followed by songs from John Lee Hooker and Tift Merritt. Bang bang bang, three of my top artists, just like that."

Coincidence? Nope. Pandora pulled my musical preferences from my public Facebook profile. I didn't ask it to. It just did. It was both cool and just the tiniest bit creepy. Welcome to the Facebook-powered Web ..."

Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker