Monday, April 05, 2010

Pope Benedict XVI is welcome in my home

I don't understand it myself. Why do I like Pope Benedict XVI? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XVI. Here in a half-rotten weatherboard house is 57-year-old, destitute, Aussie bioregional anarchist, Protestant-raised atheist Wilson, appalled by the sexual abuse of kids by priests and the complicity of the Catholic hierarchy, right up to the Vatican -- and there in a magnificent Roman palace is (de facto) multi-billionaire Bavarian 72-year-old, right-wing, Roman Catholic Ratzinger who  insufficiently admonishes his pederast vassals. We're obvious natural enemies.

But there's something, je ne sais quoi, about Mr Ratzinger, His Holiness the Pope, that I like, and he's welcome at my place for dinner any time, given a bit of notice so I can buy something to cook. Why do I like him? I don't fully understand. Would he like me? I have no idea. I like to think that perhaps after a couple of hours together, we would both be wiser men, and good mates for life. That's the kind of hairpin I am, I guess. Your Holiness, if you're reading this, you are very welcome to have dinner with me in my home, and, I trust, some interesting conversation.

Categories: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry. There will never be another to equal Pope John Paul II. All others are tiny men with tiny minds.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker