Monday, February 22, 2010

WHO THE FUCK WAS SAMUEL JOHNSON ANYWAY, SNOOP DOGGY DOGSHIT DIGGY DOGFUCK DOG?

Today according to Australian Eastern Standard Time when this item was posted
Yesterday, at a market, with immense excitement, I bought for only $5 a good-quality edition of that classic of English literature, James Boswell's 'Life of Samuel Johnson'. Naturally, it is widely known as one of the most famous and important books in the English language -- probably in the Top 20 of all time.

Since then, I have met several people who haven't even heard of it. You should see how blankly these youths look at me (and not just young members of the Idiocracy that is rapidly taking over humanity). Is Western society really this dumbed down? Oh my God, we sure have A LOT of work to do if people who are not actually intellectually retarded don't know who James Boswell and Dr Samuel Johnson are.

I shall not despair; I shall work harder. As my Uncle Fred said to me several times during his blessed days on this planet: "Their responsibility is not to listen; your responsibility is to speak".

Categories: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker