Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Creepy Christotainment

Although I'm often critical of Rachael Kohn and 'The Spirit of Things' program, mainly for what I see as reductionism of global expressions of spirituality (I could explain, but that's not my purpose today), I also admire her, and I think that in this edition tinyurl.com/mgomgr, 'Logos or Logo', she does an exemplary job of examining the modern marketing of Christian fundamentalism.

It's worth wading through the interviews with two very creepy Jesus marketers, to one with Dr Shirley R. Steinberg, one of the editors of Christotainment: Selling Jesus Through Popular Culture, who speaks with a voice of reason.

Jesus action dolls? Christ! What next?!

Categories: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Check out BettyBowers.com or Betty Bowers on YouTube.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker