Friday, May 08, 2009

One of my favourite Baptist jokes

I was walking across a bridge one night, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop, friend! Don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

He asked, "Like what?"

I asked, "Well, are you religious, or atheist?"

He said, "Religious".

I said, "Me too! Are you Christian, or Jew, or Buddhist, or something else?"

He said, "Christian".

I said, "Me too! Tell me, friend, are you Catholic or Protestant?"

He said, "Protestant".

I said, "Great, so am I! Are you Episcopalian, Baptist, Presbyterian or something else?"

He said, "Baptist".

I said, "Wonderful! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

He said, "Baptist Church of God".

I said, "Me too! Are you Original Baptist Church of God or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God".

With great excitement, I cried, "Excellent! Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879 -- or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915".

I said, "Now we're getting somewhere, friend! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915, Premillennial Rapturist -- or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915, Postmillennial Rapturist?"

He said, "I'm Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915, Postmillennial Rapturist".

So, of course, I yelled out, "Die, heretic scum, die!!" and pushed him off the bridge.

Categories: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a blog surfing on the internet which is called paid to joke I am going to have a try for that. Who knows they will pay or not but it will be good to calm nerves reading some good jokes.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker