Friday, January 09, 2009

8 Ball Aitken plays Sawtell tonight

Click for more on my bioregion

Bellingen locals will be pleased to know that 8 Ball Aitken, who recently rocked the Bello pub, is performing at the Sawtell Hotel tonight at 9pm, no cover charge. I'm a big fan - check out his video clips in the links below.

8 Ball's manager, Bird Jensen writes:
While many young people in regional Australia spent their New Year by stocking up on beer and going out for a big night out with their mates, roots musician 8 Ball Aitken was busy practicing his guitar in preparation for his upcoming show in Sawtell, performing at the Sawtell Hotel on Friday, 9 January at 9 pm. Nominated for six major national music awards in 2009, including nominations as a Grand Finalist in Toyota Star Maker and his first Golden Guitar nomination, 8 Ball says he is "over the moon" about his award opportunities. He is excited at the prospect of returning to Sawtell for his January shows because he has a strong fan base on the Sapphire Coast. Local audiences love his unique blend of original indie swamp-rock, blues, and alt.country. "We had people rolling across the floor in a row, five abreast, last time we played Sawtell," he laughs. "I’d like to see that again!"

www.8ballaitken.com

www.myspace.com/8ballaitken

www.sonicbids.com/8ballaitken

www.youtube.com/user/8ballaitken

Categories: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Allan Lloyd said...

Hi Pip
Oh yesss! This guy is great. Thanks for letting me know about him, although now I'm sorry I wasn't at the Federal that night - and I can't get to Sawtell in time.

Regards, Allan



Not intended to be posted as a comment: You might be interested in an item from this morning's Courier-Mail at http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24892611-952,00.html

9:09 AM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

I left it too late to publicize my mate 8 Ball. My mistake. Next time I can, I'll post his itinerary. He's been nominated for a Golden Guita award at Tamworth!

Re http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24892611-952,00.html -- good on Father Peter Kennedy for his guts.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker