Friday, May 16, 2008

Thora Girl

(Homage to 'Galway Girl' by Steve Earl)

Well, I was walking down by Boggy Creek
Yippy yi yi yi yi yay
I saw a pretty girl and she did speak
Yippy yi yi yippy yi yay
And I ask you, friend, what's a bloke to do
'Cause her hair was black and her eyes were blue
And I knew right then I'd be takin' a whirl
At the Thora Hall with a Thora girl

We walked to the river where the creek runs in
Yippy yi yi yi yi yay
And she showed me where the platypus swims
Yippy yi yi yippy yi yay
And I ask you, friend, what's a fella to do
'Cause her eyes were black and her hair was blue
So I took her hand and I gave her a twirl
And I lost my heart to a Thora girl

But I was too scared to speak to the Thora girl
So I looked at the river and acted cool
And I ask you now, tell me what you’d do
If her hair was black and her eyes were blue
I've travelled around this great big world
But I ain't seen nothin' like a Thora girl
No, I ain't seen no one like the Thora girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker