Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Stellarium

Highly recommended
Stellarium is a freeware nightsky viewer. Plenty of options, including being able to see the stars as they are at your location, with or without meridian grids, astrological artwork (from Western, Egyptian, Chinese and other traditions), and much more.

My only problem is with setting my coordinates. I've been able to get my longitude in, but click as I might (and I closed the software and retried four or five times) I can't scroll the latitude button past a few degrees. Still, it's a commendable and elegant open source production and it's this week's pick of the crop. It's good to have something like this to refer to -- check out your stars tonight in the sky and on your Stellarium.

Tagged: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello

edit the config.ini file .. at teh very end theres an entry for Paris lat and long,, change this and restart the prog and you're set!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

Thanx for the tip! I'll try that.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker