Sunday, November 27, 2005

Note about a false allegation made against me

Please note: An anonymous slanderer who uses the pen name BOAZ_David has written an insulting email to me, addressing me by my first name while not revealing his own. He has also posted on the Internet an untrue allegation against me, referring to my investigative article 'Lies, spies and the Sydney Hilton bombing'. This cowardly person wrote on this page of Online Opinion:

"I think everyone should look closely at Almanacs [sic] web site, and see his apparent connection to the Ananda Maga [sic] group.. and some mob called 'prout' [sic]. Given what appeared on his web site I can fully understand why they are the object of interest by the special branch. It might also explain some of his attitudes."


For the record: I am not and have never been connected in any way with Ananda Marga or Prout. I have never attended an Ananda Marga or Prout meeting, and do not know where any such meetings have ever been held. I have very little knowledge of Ananda Marga or Prout. I have never read an Ananda Marga or Prout book, pamphlet or any other kind of literature in my life. I have never, to my knowledge, met a current member of Ananda Marga or Prout. I am not in any way a friend of Ananda Marga or Prout. On the contrary, from the very little I have read about them in the press, I feel rather ill disposed towards them. The anonymous slanderer made this allegation following my public request for tolerance to people of the Islamic faith. I have no association with that faith either.

The slanderer took the opportunity to post his defamation after I had written in the same forum that I would not be returning to that forum. In other words, he cowardly libelled me with the understanding that I would not be in a position to defend myself. Furthermore, there is a time limit on the forum, by which I was unable to reply within at least six hours, causing damage to my reputation for those hours plus the perpetuity in which the slander will remain on the Internet in the forum. The anonymous person owes me a full public retraction and apology, on the same forum where the false allegation was made. To be fair, although fairness was not extended to me, if a full retraction and apology are forthcoming, I will post the link to them here.

Update, Nov 29: I have received a generous retraction and apology, with thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker