Thursday, September 01, 2005

Which font goes with which MS program?

I saw a nice font, one that I didn't recognise, on a web page and wondered why I could see it. So I selected it with my mouse, thinking it was a .gif, but no, it was actually typography on the page. I went to View/Source and found that it is called Papyrus.

Since Baz le Tuff built me a new computer two weeks ago, I haven't had time to instal all the fonts I have collected over the years. So the question was, how come I can see such a nice font? I mean, all the standard ones, like Times New Roman and Courier, are OK, but hardly fancy like Papyrus.

I asked le Tuff and he didn't quite have the answer, but he twigged to the fact that it was probably bundled now with some MS software or maybe Photoshop. then I found this page which has the answer. Papyrus 1.1 is now bundled with:

Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office 2000 Premium, Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office Professional Edition 2003, PhotoDraw 2000, Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 98, Picture It! 99, Publisher 2000, Publisher 98, Works 2002.

Categories: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker