Saturday, January 22, 2005

I smell wrong!

I always knew I had been unfairly attacked on the Isle of Skye by the midges. Nobody else in the party had to deal with the horrors that I had on my scalp and arms. Skye is beautiful but facing the midges takes a brave soul. Now I know why I was singled out by the vampires. The report below only mentions mosquitoes, but the scientist bloke I saw on the news definitely said "and other biting flies, such as midges". Of course there are major health implications in this news too, since mosquitoes spread malaria which causes approx 2 million deaths per year.

"LONDON — British researchers have found chemicals produced by the human body that repel mosquitoes, which could lead to a natural, odorless bug spray.

"Scientists have long known that some people are more tempting targets for mosquitoes than others ...

"The researchers found certain chemicals were more common in people who were less attractive to the mosquitoes. When they sprayed those chemicals on people who normally did attract mosquitoes, the insects were no longer interested."

Full text

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker