Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Google Video Search

As my friends and regular readers know, I haven't had a TV for years. No special reason, just a funny quirk I have about having a soul. I still believe that TV is watching other people have lives.


I've hardly watched TV since Lucy had Little Ricky. I've never even seen George W Bush in moving images, except for when I went to the movies to see Fahrenheit 9-11 last year. I know quite a bit about world current events and politics, but most of the politicians I've only seen on the Net in jpegs. I don't feel any the poorer for it; quite the contrary, in fact. I love the clarity of consciousness that starts to emerge after some years away from TV watching, and I keep up with news as well as anyone, I think. Trouble is, there are incredibly few people these days who I can talk to about it because so few have tried it. One drawback is that when I go to a movie, which is once or twice a year, I can't stomach all the blood and guts that my contemporaries seem to have become inured to. Some people think I should be embarrassed by that.

Be that as it may, if I did have a TV, I would use the new Google Video Search (now in beta), which seems to be the best-kept secret on the Net. It's also useful for someone like me. I typed in Rumsfeld and got all sorts of stuff. It's bloody amazing, and obviously has applications for TV material other than all the shite that made me take up life in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker