Thursday, November 18, 2004

Dylan wins 'best song ever' poll

So, Zimmy tops the poll, according to Rolling Stone mag, with the 1965 classic, Like a Rolling Stone.


I find it hard to argue with the public's decision. I'd probably put two more of his songs in at number 2 and 3: Idiot Wind and Brownsville Girl. But that would nudge out Clothes Line Saga, wouldn't it. And Floater and Po' Boy ... and Changing of the Guards ...

Hmmmm ... Let's think now ... can we have equal first for Like a Rolling Stone and Clothes Line Saga?

But then where would we put All Along the Watchtower and Subterranean Homesick Blues? And Tangled Up in Blue and Black Diamond Bay, and Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts? And what about Hurricane?

Bobby sure makes it hard to decide.

John Lennon gets a good score with Imagine, and the Beatles are in for Hey Jude, but I'd probably vote for I Am the Walrus if I had to pick one by the mop tops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker