Saturday, October 23, 2004

Computer health report
It's been quite a week for poor Esmeralda. First it was the long blackout after our big storm, then two days in a row the excessive humidity caused short circuits. Then this damn trojan or worm. Then today, unrelated to any of this, my ISP wouldn't connect for hours. What's left, chicken pox?

I've run about four or five virus scanners over Esmeralda (such a slow process, and so many reboots, I'm heartily sick of it) but no luck yet. One of them, Kapersky, picked up about 10 nasties that better-known programs had missed, but I still can't open my Outlook Express because when I do, the mystery bug mails out to incoming email correspondents. Until I get this fixed, if anyone feels they need to contact me, the best place is on the tagboard, thanks. I'll check in as I'm able. Hopefully reinstalling Windows tomorrow will solve it.

Death to hackers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker