Friday, October 08, 2004

*Ø* Big weekend for Australia and Wilson

I don't want to turn this into a cheddar blog ("Today i had a cheese sandwich"), but I'll mention that tomorrow, October 9, is the federal general election in Australia, a very important one, and I'll be personning a polling place for my party of choice.

The Australian Green Party's fortunes have grown from 5% to 12% recently, and will be noticed tomorrow. With luck, they will gain important Senate seats that will rein in the crypto-fascists.

I might not be around much for a day or two, with ten hours in the sun being what my Saturday will be all about. It will be John Lennon's birthday, and unfortunately won't be able to show off the cool Lennon/Amnesty T-shirt that Nora kindly sent me, because I want to dress like a banker for the occasion. That's because Prime Minister Howard has labelled the Greens as 'kooks', and his deputy suggested they were Communists!

I'm not a party member. I'm a bit too kooky red for the Greens and I don't want to hurt their chances by carrying a card. But I'll support them tomorrow. And ask our American friends not to vote Green, but Democrat.

Now, how the hell am I going to wake up at 6.30 am? More to the point, how will I get to sleep before 3?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker