Tuesday, August 03, 2004

*Ø* It's so dry in Sydney that ...

Globalization: these went from Sydney to Ireland, where Nora read them and sent them on to me back in Oz. Now I pass them on to you.

ABC Sydney Radio held a competition to finish the sentence, "It's so dry in Sydney that ..."

1. HIH insurance has come out of liquidation
2. If the England cricket team wasn't touring we'd never see ducks.
3. The Red Cross has launched a wet blanket appeal.
4. We're actually drinking the new vanilla Coke.
5. You're only permitted to eat watermelon between 8.00 pm and 8.00am
6. The Government has introduced a water-pistol buy-back scheme.
7. Thieves are siphoning off radiators instead of petrol tanks.
8. I'm enouraging the kids to wee in the pool.
9. We have to hand feed the rocking horse.
10. All the bottom-of-the-harbour tax schemes are resurfacing.
11. I saw two trees fighting over a dog.
12. All the Baptists have become Anglicans.
13. When my daughter fainted, it took three buckets of sand to bring her round.
14. I've sent my indoor plants out on agistment.
15. All the dogs are marking their territory with chalk.
16. Some of the 4WDs in Double Bay have actually got dust on them.

[I don't know about Sydney, but it's so dry in Sandy Beach the trees are chasing the dogs around.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker