Sunday, December 28, 2003

*Ø* Blogmanac December 28 | Oops yesterday

Funny, ain't it. I mean, that's life. "At great expense to the management" I managed to get the Almanac ezine out every day, plus the Book of Days, and post something about the day here, all through the Silly Season as well as my own moving house. Sleep was a luxury.

Then, yesterday, when I had all the time in the world, and although I did the ezine and the December 27 page at the BoD, I didn't post a gollygosh thing here about the folklore and history of December 27. Strange. I think I went into collapse mode after all the madness of the last fortnight.

Anyway, about yesterday's folklore:

My true love sent to me
Two turtle doves
And a partridge in a pear tree.

I've been getting the bizarrest Chrissie prezzies.

Also on December 27, a bit of 18-Rabbit news:

631 CE A Naranjo captive in a Caracol (in the Cayo District of the nation of Belize) war underwent some grisly sacrificial rite under the auspices of a Calakmul (Campeche, Mexico) lord, resulting in the capture of Waxaklahun U-Bah-Chan, or 18-Rabbit (pictured), the Mayan snake divinity of Naranjo (ancient city of the Maya civilization in the Peten department of Guatemala, about 10 km west of the border with Belize).


There's plenty of interesting stuff at the Wilson's Almanac Book of Days, for December 27. I hope you enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker