Saturday, September 27, 2003

*Ø* Blogmanac | Kucinich Big Winner in Debate If You Want It

A personal note to all Americans from the one Democratic presidential candidate who CAN and WILL make a genuine difference in our country and the world.


"Dear Friend,

"I'm going to be blunt. My presidential campaign needs your help more than ever. There are only a few days left in this fundraising quarter (ending Sept. 30) and I need your support.

"If you saw last night's nationally-televised debate, you know that I am speaking out for you . . . and for your issues.

"I spoke out for bringing the troops home from Iraq, and against the President's request for $87 billion more. I was alone in discussing how the Iraq occupation hurts our economy.

"I was alone in advocating a withdrawal from NAFTA and the WTO in favor of bilateral trade pacts that protect workers' rights and the environment.

"I spoke clearly about taking our healthcare system out of the hands of the insurance and pharmaceutical companies -- and establishing nonprofit national health insurance, Enhanced Medicare for All. I alone called for returning the Social Security retirement age to 65.

"Our wealthy nation can afford healthcare and retirement security. But we have to rescind the tax breaks for the wealthy, and as I pointed out in last night's debate, the wealthiest 1% in our country will get a majority of the Bush tax cut.

"To keep bringing these issues to the American people our campaign needs an infusion of funds. Please donate. Your contribution today will be doubled through federal matching funds arriving in a few months.

"I know many of you have donated as much as you can, and I thank you. But please reach out to three other people who share our values -- by forwarding this email to them.

"If you watched last night's debate, you saw me call for a 15% cut in Pentagon spending and an end to tax breaks for the wealthy in order to fund childcare and education and job creation. I spoke of my efforts to end the death penalty and to establish a cabinet-level Department of Peace.

"These issues reflect our unique and progressive grassroots campaign that you have helped build. To expand our insurgent campaign, please donate.

"Sincerely,

"Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich
http://www.kucinich.us


"P.S.

"Attached is my Audio Postcard to you. To see and hear it, please turn up your speakers, and click here.

"The message you will instantly hear is my message to activists across the country on Peace Day, September 21.

"Remember that it's even better to send postcards than to receive them, so when you have the card on your screen, please send it to friends."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker