Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Got a nice letter just now from the acclaimed American writer, Anneli Rufus, author of the quote in the masthead (above).

Anneli writes:
"Loved your site. Want to go back and read all your articles. I love the interplay of folklore and urban life, have loved that since I was a little kid in Los Angeles (though living beside the beach, back then, may have injected my urban life with a bit of extra magic -- wish the beach wasn't so far away from home these days!!). Don't think I'd want to become a "scrimmie" -- wow, what a story!
Have a good one, and happy Floralia!
ASR"

Thanx, Anneli. I have had that quote in all sorts of places over the years ... on my fridge, on my computer ... I love it, as I love your writing. That quote means a lot to me beyond what you could know ... I have a sentimental attachment to it associated with a special time in my own life. Happy Floralia! (Bet she doesn't know I'm featuring Floralia in tomorrow's Almanac. It was almost today but I knew that the world had a burning desire to hear about Hocktide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker